My analysis of INSEAD interviews based on my own personal knowledge as well as reviewing the reports of INSEAD interviews found at accepted.com and clearadmit.com.
ADAM: Sometimes when I read or hear about INSEAD interviews, it almost seems like one interviewer is being intentionally aggressive and the other much less so. Sometimes I think this is probably just a kind of post-facto perception, but is there some real distinction between the two interviewers?
DEBORAH: The interviewers are given the same instructions. We don’t tell one to be more aggressive than the other. However, when possible, we do try to have applicants interview with one older alum and one more junior alum. We expect the more senior alum to have a stronger perspective on the overall leadership potential of the applicant and the future contributions one might make as part of the alumni community. We would expect a junior alum to assess the applicant from the perspective of a peer. i.e. Will this applicant be happy in the INSEAD programme?"
- Walk me through your resume.
- What do you do in your free time?
- Tell me about yourself. / How did you get to where you are now?
- Tell me about your career progression to-date
- Why did you choose your current firm / current position?
- Tell me about your current work responsibilities.
- Tell me, in detail, about one project in your current job.
- Tell me about your international experience(s) - both work and personal.
- Tell me about the major milestones in you life since university graduation.
- What are your goals?
- What are your career goals after INSEAD
- What will you do if you do not get the job you want after graduation?
- Why an MBA?
- Why now?
- Why INSEAD?
- Where else did you apply? How would you prioritize your decision if admitted to two or more?
- Why (THE SPECIFIC AREA OF STUDY YOU WISH TO PURSUE)?
STRENGTHS & WEAKNESSES
- What is special about you that will make me recommend you?
- Tell me 3 strengths
- Tell me 3 weaknesses
- What is the biggest challenge you have faced?
- When you are in a gathering, what attracts your attention first?
- What makes you angry?
- What are you most passionate about?
- What do you find intolerable?
- Where are your peers that started in the same class with you at your consulting firm?
- What is your style of negotiation?
- How do you deal with a boss who is not as smart as you?
- How do you deal with a person who’s determined not to listen to you even though he/ she knows you are right?
- Tell me about a time when you were in control of a project.
- Tell me about a time when you were in a leadership position?
- What is your leadership style?
- What THREE things would you if a team member at INSEAD were not pulling his own weight?
- Tell me about your teamwork experience.
- Tell me about a time when you worked on a team.
- Tell me about time when you had to deal with conflict on a team.
- How do you handle cultural differences on an international team?
- Tell me about (SOME ISSUE IN YOUR INDUSTRY)
- How has the economic crisis affected your company/your industry?
- What do you think of (SOME CURRENT GLOBAL ISSUE: POLITICS, ECONOMICS, etc.)
- What is the main challenge your industry/company is facing?
I am a graduate admissions consultant who works with clients worldwide. If you would like to arrange an initial consultation, please complete my intake form. Please don't email me any essays, other admissions consultant's intake forms, your life story, or any long email asking for a written profile assessment. The only profiles I assess are those with people who I offer initial consultations to. Please note that initial consultations are not offered when I have reached full capacity or when I determine that I am not a good fit with an applicant.