Go to a better blog!


You can find a better version of my blog at http://www.adammarkus.com/blog/.

Be sure to read my Key Posts on the admissions process. Topics include essay analysis, resumes, recommendations, rankings, and more.

February 03, 2014

IMD 2015: Apply for R1 using the old questions or later rounds using the new questions?

Please see IMD MBA Admissions Essays for January 2015 Admission (R2-R5) for my full analysis of IMD MBA application.

IMD’s sudden introduction of new essay topics that will replace the present MBA application essay questions for January 2015 admission  has suddenly got applicants asking me whether to apply now for Round 1 or use the new questions for later rounds. Since R1 has been extended an extra days (If you still prefer to apply using the existing essays and application, an extra 10 days will be granted, giving you until Monday, February 10th, 2014 midnight (Swiss time) to su bmit your application.), it may make sense to get in the application by the 10th for R1.

If you prefer the old questions and can finish your application in time, I see no specific reason to wait assuming you are submitting an application that you really consider to be your best work.  I don’t recommend submitting a bad set of essays because you don’t like the new questions.  Also, I see no inherent advantage in terms of chance of admission to apply to IMD in R1 as R2 would be just as fine.  It really is just a question of whether you will be ready to submit a good application by the 10th of February.

The new essay set is indeed different. For those who have not come close to finishing the old IMD essays or who have written similar essays (INSEAD),  just focus on the new questions, which I have already analyzed.






-Adam Markus
I am a graduate admissions consultant who works with clients worldwide. If you would like to arrange an initial consultation, please complete my intake form. Please don't email me any essays, other admissions consultant's intake forms, your life story, or any long email asking for a written profile assessment. The only profiles I assess are those with people who I offer initial consultations to. Please note that initial consultations are not offered when I have reached full capacity or when I determine that I am not a good fit with an applicant.
Real Time Web Analytics