Go to a better blog!


You can find a better version of my blog at http://www.adammarkus.com/blog/.

Be sure to read my Key Posts on the admissions process. Topics include essay analysis, resumes, recommendations, rankings, and more.

February 10, 2014

Michigan Ross MBA Admissions Interviews

This post supplements my main post on preparing for Michigan Ross MBA Admissions Interviews.  It updates that list of questions found in that previous post.

Like he has done with many other schools, my colleague, Steve Green has compiled the following list of questions from from all the reports submitted to accepted.com   and clearadmit.com.  In addition to our client reports, we use lists of questions like these as part of our prep sessions with clients.


Resume:
  • Tell me about yourself.  Walk me through your resume. What should I know about you? (*Probe resume: Cross-reference, push for details about why and how.)
  • Tell me about your current position.
  • How would you sell your undergraduate university to a potential applicant?
  • What do you do outside of work?


Goals:
  • What are your career goals?
  • Why do you want an MBA?
  • Why now?
  • Why Ross?
  • What criteria did you use when choosing MBA programs?
  • Have you visited the campus? How do you feel about moving to the Midwest?
  • How are you unique compared to other applicants? What can you bring to Ross that sets you apart from others?
  • How will you be involved outside of class?
  • What will you do if not accepted to Ross?


Teamwork:
  • What is your approach to teams?
  •  How would you deal with a teammate who doesn't act like a team player?
  •  Tell about a time when you dealt with a struggling team member.
  •  Tell me how you dealt with a team member who was under-performing / not on par.
  •  Tell me about your role on a team.
  •  Tell me about a time when you took initiative on a team.
  •  Tell me about a time when your team faced a lot of obstacles? (WHAT LEARNED?)


Leadership:
  • Tell me about a time you showed initiative.
  • Tell me about a situation when you had to think outside the box.
  • How do you manage conflict?
  • Please give me 3 examples of your leadership experience?
  • What does leadership mean to you?

Strengths and Weaknesses:
  • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an abstract situation.
  • Tell me about a time when you failed, and what you learned.
  • What are you key strengths and one weakness?
  • What is your greatest accomplishment to date?
  • What 3 adjectives would your friends use to describe you and why?
  • What makes you unique?
  • What was a challenging experience in your life?
  • Tell me about a time when you had a professional failure and what did you learn from it.
  •  Tell me about a time when you received negative feedback from a supervisor and how did you respond.


Other:
  • What was the last book you read?
  •  Do you have any questions for me?
Best of luck with your Ross interview.  For more on Ross interview prep, see my main post on this subject.


-Adam Markus
I am a graduate admissions consultant who works with clients worldwide. If you would like to arrange an initial consultation, please complete my intake form. Please don't email me any essays, other admissions consultant's intake forms, your life story, or any long email asking for a written profile assessment. The only profiles I assess are those with people who I offer initial consultations to. Please note that initial consultations are not offered when I have reached full capacity or when I determine that I am not a good fit with an applicant.
Real Time Web Analytics