Go to a better blog!


You can find a better version of my blog at http://www.adammarkus.com/blog/.

Be sure to read my Key Posts on the admissions process. Topics include essay analysis, resumes, recommendations, rankings, and more.

October 06, 2007

LL.M. Program Admissions Data Updates

Please see my earlier post before reading this one.
Updates are being made to this entry in reverse chronological order (a blog within a blog?). I have now updated my table on LL.M. admissions rates.

I will be using this post to provide additional admissions data that I receive from LL.M. programs. Once I have obtained sufficient responses, I will create a new LL.M. admissions table. I am posting this information in the order that I am receiving it from schools. Quotes are from the emails I received.

NOTE: At this time, I am only reporting on helpful responses. I have already received a few unsigned, unhelpful bureaucratic responses, but I will go through the process of finding the right person to talk to before mentioning such responses.

Update on October 6, 2007
I have now received complete data from UCLA and the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor. I thank both schools for providing this information.

UCLA:

2006-2007: Applied: 634 Admitted: 203 Enrolled:50

2007-2008: Applied: 697 Admitted: 157 Enrolled: 48

NOTE: "Last year was our first year of our newly expanded program and we had 50 students. Previous years typically had 10-12 students."

University of Michigan-Ann Arbor:

2005-2006: Applied:542 Admitted:207 Enrolled: 43

2006-2007: Applied: 585 Admitted: 191 Enrolled: 34

2007-2008: Applied: 522 Admitted: 180 Enrolled:46



Update on October 2nd: UCLA
I have received a very positive response from UCLA. UCLA has provided me with data for Fall 2007: 687 applications and 48 attending.


Update on September 29th
1. I received email today from the University of Michigan:
It will not be possible to respond to this request within the
five-day period accorded by the Michigan Freedom of Information Act. However, under Section 5 (2) (d) of the Act, the University is permitted to extend the deadline for not more than 10 business days. The University will respond to your request on or before October 12, 2007.

Therefore I expect that I will have good data for Michigan. by the 12th.

2. I contacted the media offices at UCLA and UCB, but have received nothing concrete yet. UPDATED: SEE UCLA RESPONSE ABOVE.

3. Based on my sitemeter data, I know this blog has been looked at by some of the schools I contacted that have yet to reply to me. Of course, it could have been anyone from those schools, but the timing and extent of the visit to my site is highly coincidental.


NEW DATA PROVIDED ON SEPTEMBER 21, 2007:
1. NEW YORK UNIVERSITY
"Last year we received over 2,000 applications for approximately 425 open seats in the LL.M. program." I will eliminate the 40 from the Singapore campus in my next table.

2. VANDERBILT
"Vanderbilt has 26 LLM students this year (one was missing from the photo)."

3. UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN-ANN ARBOR
Provided an immediately helpful response. They have a formal FOIA process. I anticipate receiving data from them soon.



-Adam Markus
アダム マーカス

コロンビア, ハーバード, シカゴ, スタンフォード, 米国ロースクール、米国大学法学院, 大学院入学, カウンセリング, コンサルティング, 合格対策, 合格率, LLM留学
Real Time Web Analytics